Arah Path 1

Arah Path 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Supreme.3596

Supreme.3596

the final door after killing starcaller will not open. took us 3 hours to get to this point.

Attachments:

(edited by Supreme.3596)

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Arah Path 1

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Arah Path 1

zencow.3651

Okay, so do you guys remember if the norn NPC who follows you died during the Jotun Stargazer fight? I may have finally narrowed down the cause of this bug!

Arah Path 1

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Yes, in my group’s case, it was impossible to keep her alive b/c there’s no safe place for her to be standing where the Fire ring won’t reach her before she’s so close to him that the white “Homing Fireballs” won’t either.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Has anyone completed path 1 lately with success? Would be interested in completing this path but would like to know for sure that keeping the NPC alive during the boss fight is enough to make the ending be played out correctly.

Had this bug on my run and the NPC did die after the boss was defeated so it looks that this is what’s causing the bug.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Keitaru.9306

Keitaru.9306

Had the same issue a couple of weeks back.
Had my entire group report it. Guess dev too busy with halloween they broke most of the dungeons in the process :\

Guild: <yaki>
Keitaru <warrior>—- lvl 80
Miea Kamakawa <engineer> —- lvl 80

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

I’ve completed path 1 three times with no bug before Halloween Events.

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

anyway I can avoid having this bug?

I’m after the dungeon master achievement and need to complete this path

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

this bugged out on us the first time we did it, however there is a way of getting passed the door with alot of patience and some teleport skills, Thief Shortbow is really handy here (nobody wants to do hours of work and get 0 reward, do it if you must until the devs fix the door).

second time we did it we never wiped on the boss because of it’s insanely silly mechanic and how easy he is with the right skills or indeed bundle.

reflect his slow moving orbs back at him, you can crit him for up to 92k, fight doesnt last long, and the bundles used to destroy the Orrian Eyes work on him, there are some located just outside the laser room, oddly enough there are no eyes beyond this point either, i feel it’s intended however incredibly silly, but just hug the boss with the bundle/reflect skills and just sit and wait for him to die is the whole fight.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

this bugged out on us the first time we did it, however there is a way of getting passed the door with alot of patience and some teleport skills, Thief Shortbow is really handy here (nobody wants to do hours of work and get 0 reward, do it if you must until the devs fix the door).

second time we did it we never wiped on the boss because of it’s insanely silly mechanic and how easy he is with the right skills or indeed bundle.

reflect his slow moving orbs back at him, you can crit him for up to 92k, fight doesnt last long, and the bundles used to destroy the Orrian Eyes work on him, there are some located just outside the laser room, oddly enough there are no eyes beyond this point either, i feel it’s intended however incredibly silly, but just hug the boss with the bundle/reflect skills and just sit and wait for him to die is the whole fight.

those crystals can break if you reflect too many times with them. Its part of the challenge. if you want an easy boss fight you have to lug them all the way through the dungeon, which is either hard, or requires you to clear most of the trash. As only 1-3 crystals means they’ll all break around 20% boss hp.

Arah Path 1

Shadow Dragon.9874

But just to further confirm the progress blocking bug’s reason… has the NPC died after the boss fight in all of the cases where the door has not opened?

Arah Path 1

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8190

ThePainTrain.8190

Arah Path 1

Lorana.2468

those crystals can break if you reflect too many times with them. Its part of the challenge. if you want an easy boss fight you have to lug them all the way through the dungeon, which is either hard, or requires you to clear most of the trash. As only 1-3 crystals means they’ll all break around 20% boss hp.

interesting, this never happened for us as we ran 2 guardians and planted a Wall of Reflection in the boss for the majority of the time.

Arah Path 1

Zenyatoo.4059

interesting, this never happened for us as we ran 2 guardians and planted a Wall of Reflection in the boss for the majority of the time.

yeah, the first time I did it we all had crystals, and so none of ours actually broke.
The second time I did it we only brought 3, as we suspected that worse case scenario I could just solo it as I had done so before (boss from 30%-0% by myself, which is the hardest part of the whole fight) but we discovered that peoples crystals were breaking after taking a random number of hits. We did finish though, by utilizing reflect skills, then crystals, then reflect skills again, and then back to crystals for the final 20% or so. But they do indeed break.

Arah Path 1

Shadow Dragon.9874

Ok just an update. So, some days ago me and my group got to the last boss of Arah path 1 and the npc died after boss was defeated (to the instakill fire aura) and this caused that the npc didn’t proceed to open the final door.

So, today I tried the path again and found an awesome group that finished the path in a good time and this time we secured the npc so that she wouldn’t die to the boss during the fight or after the fight and this time everything worked out just fine.

So it seems that it is indeed a bug where the NPC won’t open the door if she dies during/after the boss fight. So, I’d advise people to make sure that the NPC is safe during the final boss battle, just to avoid possible problems

Arah Path 1

zencow.3651

Ok just an update. So, some days ago me and my group got to the last boss of Arah path 1 and the npc died after boss was defeated (to the instakill fire aura) and this caused that the npc didn’t proceed to open the final door.

So, today I tried the path again and found an awesome group that finished the path in a good time and this time we secured the npc so that she wouldn’t die to the boss during the fight or after the fight and this time everything worked out just fine.

So it seems that it is indeed a bug where the NPC won’t open the door if she dies during/after the boss fight. So, I’d advise people to make sure that the NPC is safe during the final boss battle, just to avoid possible problems

Thanks for the update!

So basically “exploit” the NPC follow behaviour pattern to keep her out of the boss room to by-pass this bug? Almost as bad as having to have people way-point out to get Maggs to collect Oracyte.

Well now we have all collectively lost much time beta-testing Arah path 1 specifically the causes of this bug for Anet let’s hope they can how begin fixing this in a timely manner.

The other way to bypass this bug is to exploit teleports: blink or lightning flash to get stuck in the left side of the door, then teleporting again into the other side of the room after you’re stuck in the door.

Arah Path 1

zencow.3651

Okay, just completed it today by having the person with the NPC leash stay far away from the boss room and soloed the Stargazer by farming crystals, spamming F when it ran out and dodging into the boss when he glowed red etc. After the boss died the alive and kicking NPC proceeded to open the door correctly. Shed tears of joy as I finally completed this path.

Through my time dungeoning, I have sadly accepted diligence in clearing trash mobs and playing the game normally often ends up with you getting kittened so this time I round I also skipped every mob possible and Korga and the whole ordeal took only 2 and a half hours (the thief in the party was a baddie, going full glass cannon and refused to take the imperitive acrobatic traits so we ran into problems with lupicus) unlike first two 5 hour and 3 hour runs done normally.

Arah Path 1

Shadow Dragon.9874

It is enough to just keep the boss far enough from the boss so that she won’t run into the fire wall before the flames are out as the fire won’t go off the moment the boss has been defeated. But yeah the problem is that if the NPC for some reason just decides to run to the fire shield after boss is dead the progress may be blocked.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Supreme.3596

Supreme.3596

rage bump qq. feelsbadman.jpg.

Arah Path 1

zencow.3651

Keep the person who the NPC is following FAR away from the room, back in the corridor as far as you can without being in range of the ‘trap room’.

Basically after the fight she attempts to move towards the door to open it ONLY ONCE so if she happens to be dead or dies by running into the firewall she won’t ever try to open it again.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: nuffy.7930

nuffy.7930

We tried every method of keeping her away, but she teleported to the room and ran through the fire wall.

Why can’t Anet just open the door after we beat the final boss? Is that NPC really required to open a stupid door?

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Flameseeker.1367

Flameseeker.1367

It might not be her dying at the start of the fight, but rather after the boss dies, and she runs to open the door and gets killed in the fire. My guild’s workaround involves sending the person whom the NPC follows at the closed gate which she’s supposed to open. That person cannot participate in the boss fight (being outside the fire ring). Then trigger the fight, and she promptly dies in the fire ring. The fire ring will start to move inwardly and therefore away from the npc. When the boss dies, she respawns automatically ( no reviving required ) and rushes to open the gate.

As for the number of crystals required for the boss fight, well, it’s a roulette. Sometimes only one breaks, sometimes only one crystal is left (out of five). But 4 people can do the job, unless you are really really unlucky.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Ombr.9465

Ombr.9465

Did it yesterday night, took us 3 hours to reach the door… Only to find it completly shut and the NPC just standing there in front of it. It’s really disappointing that Anet can’t repair a broken dungeon in over two weeks of bug.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I really wanna see the end of this Path

Arah Path 1

zencow.3651

I really wanna see the end of this Path

It’s really boring and dull. Getting inside though made me cry tears of joy and scream like a charr after all the hardship of previous runs.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

This dungeon wasn’t bugged as of 8 days ago. How do they manage to break working content?

Arah Path 1

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

This path has always been bugged just that certain criteria needs to be met for the bug to trigger

Arah Path 1

Zenyatoo.4059

Finished this last night. All we had to do was have the person the NPC was following stay back at lupicus while me and a friend ran on ahead to duo the final boss. 2 crystals was all we needed to finish off the stargazer (ele + guardian)

Arah Path 1

Zenyatoo.4059

It’d be nice to see it fixed, just so I can be done with the achievement for Arah.

Done all of the paths except this one, due to bug. I want my Dungeon Master Title

go with a group.
Once lupicus is dead everyone spread out
find who the NPC is following
have them start doing loops of the lupicus room so the NPC continues to follow them
everyone else runs ahead and downs the final boss (you can quite literally solo him. So unless the NPC is following you, then this shouldnt be an issue)

Stargazer dies, the NPC teleports from lupicus room to the end of the dungeon and opens the door. Everyone strolls inside, gets the reward, checks out the neat stars through the telescope and goes home happy.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: exum.3746

exum.3746

man this can be so demoralizing =/

Arah Path 1

Lorana.2468

fear not, for the DM title shows the hardship you’ve been through.

atleast it does for me, i have it showing on all my alts and everything.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Just did this, NPC died all the time (even in end boss) and door still opened.

Arah Path 1

Zenyatoo.4059

Ive been told its when the NPC dies to the fire AFTER the final boss is dead. Or something.

Arah Path 1

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Ive been told its when the NPC dies to the fire AFTER the final boss is dead. Or something.

Was told the same thing but it never happened to me so far, Varra just never died to the fire.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)